Wild Party, made up of vocalist Lincoln Kreifels, guitarist Lucas Hughes, bassist (and Lincoln's older brother) Jake Kreifels, and drummer Ethan Kaufmann are still a young band, but they have already been around the block and across the pond.
The band were thrust into the spotlight early in their career when they were offered a gig to support The Wombats on tour across the UK in 2010. Only 19 at the time, frontman Lincoln Kreifels had only played two previous live shows before the whirlwind UK tour. Kreifels was a natural rock star. Fans flocked. John Kennedy of UK's Xfm radio picked up the band's single "Take my Advice" and broadcast it over the air to millions of listeners. As Wild Party hit their stride, word of mouth and Internet buzz grew and fans started to speculate as to when the band would release an album.
Without label support, Wild Party seized the moment and took a DIY approach, first releasing a music video for fan-favorite "When I Get Older" on YouTube in January 2013, and, soon after, debuting a collection of songs on iTunes that they self-recorded and produced under the title Phantom Pop. Within 24 hours of its release, Phantom Pop cracked the iTunes Top 100 and music journalists, would-be managers, and hopeful record labels swiftly came knocking at their door.
The band have since gone on to receive support from the likes of NYLON, Pop Matters, San Antonio Current, Dallas Observer, as well as unanimously positive hype from indie taste-making blogs and generous radio support on the college airwaves.
In November 2013, Wild Party announced their signing to Huntington Beach, CA based indie/rock record label Old Friends Records. Look out for the new album Phantom Pop from Wild Party by Summer 2014.
The band recently announced a run of appearances at this year's SXSW:
- 03.11, 5:00PM - Third String @ The Aquarium on 6th
- 03.11, 2:00PM - Swing House @ Rusty’s
- 03.12, 1:00PM - Beautiful Buzz/Most Definitely Showcase @ The Brew Exchange
- 03.12, 9:00PM - BMI Showcase @ Bar 96
- 03.13, 6.30PM - Sony Red Showcase @ Hangar Lounge
- 03.13, 1.30AM - Grammy Museum Presents Musical Milestone: The Rolling Stones @ Red Eye Fly
- 03.14, 12:00PM - Paper Garden Records/Seaport Music Festival Showcase @ Uncorked
- 03.14, 1.30PM - Swing House @ Rusty’s
- 03.14, 3:00PM - Audiotree Showcase @ Paptino's
- 03.14, 6:00PM - Do512 Lounge Session @ Do 512 Lounge
- 03.15, 1.30PM - Reverb Day Party @ Dirty Dog
- 03.16, 10:00PM - South By Sendoff @ Stubb’s Jr