||The Neighbourhood Release New Video
|By: Ryan |
Most Viewed |
Monday, October 21, 2013
The Neighbourhood has premiered a brand new video for “Afraid.” The video was directed by ENDS (Zachary Sekuler and Daniel Iglesias, Jr.), who also worked with the band on the video for hit single “Sweater Weather.” Praised by Billboard for its “edgy, subtle hooks,” “Afraid” is the second single from the band’s debut LP I Love You., which was released earlier this year on Columbia Records.
“Afraid” follows hugely successful single “Sweater Weather,” which has now been certified gold by the RIAA for sales in excess of 500,000 units. The song, which Billboard described as “deeply compelling,” was also praised by Rolling Stone, who noted “Layering hasn’t sounded this cool since ‘The Sweater Song.’” “Sweater Weather” has spent 45 weeks on the Alternative Radio chart including 8 weeks at #1, and is already approaching top 20 at Pop Radio..
The Neighbourhood is currently out on a sold-out nationwide headline tour after spending the summer on a string of tour dates supporting Imagine Dragons. The trek sees the band crossing the country before ending at Ventura, CA’s Ventura Theatre November 2. The tour, which follows the band’s sold-out “The Love Collection” tour this spring, includes sold-out stops at New York’s Terminal 5 October 17 and LA’s famed Hollywood Palladium October 30, which was upgraded after the originally booked show at The Wiltern sold out in minutes.
THE NEIGHBOURHOOD ON TOUR:
*The Neighbourhood Headlining Date w/ Support from Lovelife & Ghost Loft
- 10/17 - New York, NY - Terminal 5* SOLD OUT
- 10/18 - Philadelphia, PA - Union Transfer* SOLD OUT
- 10/19 - Richmond, VA - The National*
- 10/21 - Nashville, TN - Cannery Ballroom*
- 10/22 - Columbia, MO - The Blue Note*
- 10/23 - Lawrence, KS - Granada Theater*
- 10/25 - Denver, CO - Ogden Theatre*
- 10/26 - Salt Lake City, UT - In The Venue*
- 10/28 - San Diego, CA - House of Blues* SOLD OUT
- 10/30 - Los Angeles, CA - The Palladium* SOLD OUT
- 11/1 - Santa Ana, CA - The Observatory* SOLD OUT
- 11/2 - Ventura, CA - Ventura Theatre* SOLD OUT
- 11/9 - Tampa, FL - Midflorida Credit Union
- 11/10 - West Palm Beach, FL - Cruzan Amphitheatre
- 11/12 - Providence, RI - Lupo’s Heartbreak Hotel*
- 11/14 - Portland, ME - Port City Music Hall*
More on The Neighbourhood on Alternative Addiction
I love the music video for this song. The Neighbourhood has stayed true to their aesthetic since they started and I respect them for that. I was lucky enough to see their Terminal 5 show and it blew me away. Do NOT miss these guys on tour if you get the chance to see them.
Posted by kalie on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 at 10:33:25 PM
Loved the Chopped Not Slopped version of Afraid. It's awesome, even though I love their original stuff more!
Posted by M on Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 5:31:32 PM