I really liked Faithless by Injected, but the BIB album really fails to live up to the first single.
Burn It Black transcends the first single.
Alternative Addiction Message Board: What are your top 5 CD's from 2002? - Alternative Addiction Message Board
What are your top 5 CD's from 2002?
1. Butch Walker - Left of Self-Centered
(nothing even close to this one)
2. Familiar 48 - Wonderful Nothing
3. Stroke 9 - Rip It Off
4. Matchbox 20 - More Than You Think You Are
5. Course Of Nature - Superkala
(Splender and Good Charlotte came pretty close as well)
Top 5 of '02
1. The Get Up Kids- On A Wire (impressive)
2. Better Than Ezra- Closer (its good stuff)
3. Jimmy Eat World- Bleed American (quiet, i know it came out last year, but aside from the ridiculously overplayed "The Middle", is one of the best cds)
4. Bon Jovi- Bounce (an old favorite)
5. Sugarcult Start Static
Honorable Mention: TRUSTCompany "TLPON", RHCP "By The Way"
Worst CD: SR-71 Tomorrow=Not because of it being bad music...this is the obvious line between maturing sound and riding a trend, guess which they did?
Here are 5 of my favorites
1. Stroke 9 -Rip It Off --> The Single most catchy CD of the year. The first 6 or 7 songs go by in a blur for me because I am singing along the whole way.
2. Our Lady Peace -Gravity--> I don't understand why some people are discrediting it as a Raine Maida solo project or a disappointment. It is a solid CD in a period of singles only bands. And all of this despite the fact that they don't get along with one of my favorite bands, Matthew Good Band
3. Foo Fighters-One By One--> I have been a huge Dave grohl fan forever, this band gets better and better.
4. Butch Walker- Left of Self Centered--> Just Listen to it, I can't begin to describe it. I know I'll be sending off for my copy of ROCK VOCAL POWER
5. 3 Doors Down - Away From the Sun
July For Kings (Still kinda new to me), Red Hot Chili Peppers (Might have made the top 5 if not for Cabron), Queens of the Stone Age, Breaking Benjamin, Wilco, Beck
Disqualified for being released last year(Although I played the hell out of them this year): Ryan Adams, Jimmy Eat World
Not really come up with Da Punk's definitive Top 5 of 2002 yet, but it's something like this...
1) AUDIOVENT - 'Dirty Sexy Knights in Paris'
3)ATTICUS FAULT - 'Atticus Fault'
4) Something Corporate - 'Leaving through the Window'
5)GOOD CHARLOTTE - 'The Young and the Hopeless'
BTW, JULY FOR KINGS would probably be no.6!!
Interested to see a few people rate the 2nd LIFEHOUSE so highly. For me it's nowhere NEAR as good as the first. I hope they can come back with a much stronger third record.
1) Coldplay - " A Rush of Blood to the Head"
2) Phantom Planet - "The Guest"
3) Ash - "Free All Angels"
4) Badly Drawn Boy - "About a Boy"
5) Weezer - "Maladroit"
NFG - "Sticks and Stones", Unwritten Law - "Elva", Something Corporate - "Leaving Through the Window",
"With the Spirit of a Traffic Jam" <a href="http://www.gruvismalt.com">Gruvis Malt</a>
"The Action Album" <a href="http://www.ohmygodmusic.html">Oh My God</a>
"In Search Of.." N*E*R*D
And for me that was pretty much it.
I agree this year was pretty weak in the music sense. Far too many sound alike, look alike bands for my personal taste.
Wow I didn't know there were other Gruvis Malt fans on here. Anyway, here's my top 5:
1. Audiovent- DSKIP
2. Gruvis Malt- With the Spirit of a Traffic Jam
3. Sugarcult- Start Static
4. Weezer- Maladroit
5. Foo Fighters- One by One
I probably forgot some really good CD but I can't think of any other ones. And I didn't put JEW since it's 2001.
Share this topic:
1 User(s) are reading this topic